Friday, August 5, 2011

SWING batter batter

Let the mood swings begin! Wednesday night I came home and Dj had cleaned the bathroom, picked up our room, vaccumed and hung up our wedding and baby shower picture & signature mat finally! LOL I was completely exhausted yet so happy to hear of all these projects and tasks being completed.
We were all hanging out in the living room discussing what we wanted to do for dinner and all of a sudden when my brother and I mentioned we wanted to keep it simple and make Kabasa and Macaroni & Cheese Dj starts whinning about it. He hates the smell of food lingering through the house. It's one of his pet peeves. Of course turning on the fan above the stove, opening the 4 possible kitchen windows and inserting a fan in one of them to help move the fumes out isn't enough to him. There are few foods that make him go crazy. Kabasa is one of them. He doesn't like to smell it nor eat it. He began to tell me that we are to cook it out on the grill. I'm already annoyed by him and I can't help but spit out "you mean to tell me that you are telling your pregnant wife she can't cook her dinner in the kitchen and she's to go outside in the 95 degree heat and grill it?!" He realized what he was saying and offered to grill it for me but I was already annoyed. In addition we have Jayden running in and out wanting to grill with Daddy because he's obsessed with the BBQ. Once he's done he goes into our room.
Jayden and I are cleaning up the living room while we wait for the mac & cheese to finish. Ryan realizes that I'm frustrated and tells Jayden "Come on Jayden let's go play and give mommy a break" I tell him thank you and continue picking up. Oh forgot to mention I was vaccuming earlier and something got stuck and started to smell burning so I turned it off. I tried fixing it and I got frustrated walked into our room to ask Dj for help and he's wearing headphones. I didn't realize this and I flip the wireless keyboard up to get his attention. It accidently bumps him in the face and he FLIPS out and throws it across the room at our bookshelf (which has our flat screen tv in it). I just stand there in shock and tell him "leave! Go somewhere" He tells me he's not going anywhere and I said fine then I will. I turn off my pot of water on the stove, grab my keys, purse and leave the house immediately starting to cry. I get in my car and just drive. I was so upset by the chain of events I couldn't stop crying. There is so much going on with my brother living there and how Dj deals with it, he's moving out in 2 mo, having bilateral jaw surgery, we're having another baby in November, Dj's injured his hand (latest update could have been fractured the whole time and is now getting an MRI to determine), in fear of loosing his job, Jayden's age is challenging and so much more.
I'm trying to calm down as I drive with tears rolling down my cheeks not knowing where I should go. I drive around the corner to the park by our house and park the car to try and get a grip. Of course the box of kleenex that I usually keep behind my seat ran out and I haven't replaced it so I'm left with 3 napkins I located in the glove compartment. I get a grip and I start driving, crying with control what ever that is. I get on the freeway thinking I'll go downtown then realize that's a lot of traffic coming back (it's 6pm). So I get off at Mack Rd and head south back towards EG. I pass the furniture by Costco wanting to stop. I lift my sunglasses and look in my rear view mirror and decide there ain't no way I'm going inside any store looking like this! My eyes look like I just smoked an ounce I look LIT! So I keep driving. Wanting to talk I text Brie (forgot my phone at home I used my wk cell). No response (for awhile), I text my mom asking her if she ate dinner yet. I didn't want to show up on my parents doorstep crying involving them. I ended up going to check out I made it (paint your own pottery studio on E Stockton Blvd) I've been wanting to go in there for a while. I finally made it in and turns out one of the ladies that works there is a friend from high schools mom. It was just what I needed, a distracted conversation and to look at my old hobby that made me happy! I LOVED to paint pottery. I am defintely going back and making a family plate with all our hands on it. =) Maybe I'll start now and just add her hand when she gets here then fire it and it will be done! =)
I met my mom for yogurt afterwards, now that I'm in control of my emotions and we chat about all sorts of stuff. My dad even tracked us down and joined us.
I left feeling better, yet I was hungry! So I go to Osaka Sushi and get my favorite sushi roll and boy was it delish. I was actually nice and called Dj asking if he wanted to join me (it being 8pm) he said he was going to bed (he had to be up at 4am for work) I said ok and enjoyed my roll all alone (no really it was nice).
I come home and 30min later and he's still awake. I'm instantly peeved because he said he was going to bed. We don't talk and I go to bed mad. I hate doing that I want to punch him, whack him with a pillow or kick him off the bed in his sleep when I go to bed angry. UGH!

2 comments:

  1. I am always around if you need a Target buddy...or an anywhere buddy when you get frustrated. I can usually use the break too :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thank you Ashley!!! I will definitely be calling you soon! I could use some retail therapy at Target if you're game, I actually want to browse IKEA if your interested? =)

    ReplyDelete