Friday, July 26, 2013

MUSIC THERAPY HEALS THE HEART

It's been a long time since I've blogged. I've been thinking about doing this for MONTHS. Why does life get so busy that you start to lose the ability to do the things that you love to do? I love to journal, travel, listen to my music loudly, sleep in on Saturdays, go to the bathroom alone and watch what I want to on TV. Sound simple enough? Not anymore. I have 3yr old and a 20mo. I THINK about journaling ALL the time. But never find the time to do it. I used to be able travel spontaneously quite often, now I tote 2 small children limiting the distance and funds to do what I actually would love to do. Camping isn't possible yet. There's no way that I want to pack up my entire house to be able to function in a non baby proof enviornment. Granted we are no longer on the 2 hr window of napping. Yet, when they are little they still just require so much! I CANT wait to start vacationing with them....then again....it's also the time off, the expenses, funding the trip that will be the make or break. I used to be able to listen to music while I cleaned the house. I still can, to a certain volume, but I have to clean and watch and entertain two little ones all at the same time. Circus? Why yes, that's exactly what it feel like at times. And what's the big hype about it being the weekend when you are a parent?? You don't get to sleep in anymore. You might get to squeeze in a nap if your husband is actually home vs work on the weekends but even then it's been a fat chance. I have an audience when I go to the bathroom. Really, do they really need to WATCH your every move....?? Sigh...teaching privacy....LOL. And I'm pretty sure I can recite every show that airs on Nick Jr. LOL

My life has definitely changed...even 3 yrs later I'm still adjusting. BUT I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. I love how my kids run up to me when I come home and yell "Mommy you're home! All done with work?" Yes honey, I'm all done. Lily clings to both my legs like the "Mommy wow, I'm a big kid now" commercial. :) She's talking more and more. My life is far from perfect, but it's my perfect. My husband is amazing. He's an incredible daddy to our children, provides, protects, supports, cherishes, loves all of us and we are always number one to him and it shows. My little world is chaotic, frustrating, stressful, hard, challenging and exhausting. Yet, I can't think of one single thing that would make me happier. Well of course we all wish for more money. But I have what money can't buy. Happiness, Family and Unconditional love! What else could you ask for?

I had some girl time tonight hanging out with my friend Kacie. We had a great time, ordered a pitcher of margaritas, that's right pitcher! Split some fajitas and when I tell you we were stuffed we were stufffffffed! I haven't felt that full in months!!! I never have the luxury to eat that long nor not share my meal. LOL. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful blog and I appreciate you highlighting music therapy. I love rav music rav.

    ReplyDelete