Sunday, March 24, 2013

Busy little bees

Today was busy! Woke up and got me and the kids ready for Easter pics. Headed out picked up donuts on the way and it was show time. We had some breakfast first. Got Lily ready by doing her hair, a moment that sometimes is filled with squirming and whining...sometimes complete stillness. It still is a moment I thoroughly enjoy and will forever cherish. We go outside and let the games begin! Jayden runs off to play, Lily runs off to play in the water toys. Bring on the bunnies! Their next door neighbor Pat hands over 3 bunnies over the fence (in cages) and we are herding the "cattle" bunnies & babies! Manny is still not satisfied with the lighting (aka the suns position). He continues to maneuver the background, rotate, switch out equipment, Jayden won't look up or stop squinting because the sun is too bright. We get a cover to provide some shade but not too much to shade the photos. I'm grabbing bunnies and babies, easter eggs & baskets..startin to bust a sweat. The backyard is is a tad under construction and the plantar box is muddy. Lily keeps crossing over it, which means when she leans over to take a step she's stepping on her dress, the dress is starting to get muddy. Jaydens pants are getting wet from him playing in the water. Once the bunnies jumped all over the yard they finally stayed put. Time to bust out some bribes...bring on the m&m's!! It worked! We got SOME pics, of course having them BOTH sit still, look up AND smile is nothing shy of a miracle.



Not 5min after we leave they are both passed out on the way home. I always love seeing to sleeping kids in the rear view mirror until I realize when I get home I'm the only one getting both kids out of the car and laying them down for naps. Needless to say only one stayed asleep and Mr J relaxed on the couch but never napped.

Backing up, before we got home, my neighbor was walking down the street as I was turning the corner. I waived hello and she motioned for me to roll down the window. She informed me that her two yr old daughter was missing. She said she was walking this direction while her 10yr old son walked the other direction looking for her. I had my eyes peeled as I slowly drove up to our house. Thankfully as I approached our driveway I saw the two kids walking past. I immediately phoned my friend and told her that her son had found her. Apparently, she made it all the way around the corner and was about to cross the street to go to the park behind our block!! Thankfully a neighbor was outside washing his car when he noticed her unattended. Prevented her from crossing and walked her back towards the direction she came from when her brother came. Mom was ready to call 911 to report a missing child. This all took place in 2min putting the clothes in the dryer and POOF the little Houdini vanished that fast!!

So, while Jayden is begging I step outside after texting her back and forth for 30min we decide to have a glass of wine to help calm the nerves. We're standing outside chatting about what happened (she lives 2 doors down we are standing in between our houses) and as I go to walk back home I take two steps on our front lawn and get stung by a bee! Ouch!! Her husband walks over to hand me one of Dj's tools back and I said, "I think I just got stung!" He asks if I got he stinger out and I'm like I don't know! It just happened 30 seconds ago! Lol, Mr. Paramedic checked my foot & no stinger thankfully it came out when I pinched/rubbed my foot out of reaction. I go inside and immediately ice it. Mind you, I already took Motrin & Sudafed for allergy relief. Just had a glass of wine and now have a bee sting on the inside arch of my foot! Nevertheless, I'm feelin mighty fine and couldn't care less. Haha! Dj gets home and I'm off to the store to grocery shopping. Swollen foot and all. :)

I go back to Tiffany's to get some eggs from her chickens, browse some of the pics and decide to check out the neighborhood Fresh & Easy market. I liked it! It was literally fresh & easy! And I like their prices! Ill be going back again :)

After my return home, juggling toddlers running outside while unloading groceries from the car we let the kids run around a bit. Except, Jayden wasn't listening to daddy say put some pants and shoes on. Which eventually led to a time out, inside, where it was meltdown city. Cranky boy, no nap. Wonderful. He takes off to go work on his engine at a friends house now it's "tag you're it" my turn again with the kid duty. Felt like its been a marathon of a day.

I do not want to go to work tomorrow. Oh we'll back to the grind.




No comments:

Post a Comment