Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tests of all tests

Tonight was one of those mommy hair pulling, nerve pinching, heart melting, belly laughing, lip biting, deep breaths kind of kid night. For whatever reason Jayden decided he was going to express himself in screams, meltdowns and tantrums. I have NEVER seen him act the way he did tonight. Protested every single routine. Whew. Once I was able to take a mommy break I was able to go back into Jayden's room, hold him, rock him, even sang to him. I don't know what took over him tonight. But mommy loves every side of you my dear sweet Jayden. To the moon and back. ♥ Forever your mommy ♥


A post from my facebook page tonight https://www.facebook.com/hayes.christy   

Tonight was exhausting to say the least. Here is the detailed version. Lengthy, read at our own leisure.   From the moment I picked the kids up from daycare. Non stop.   Starting with the typical flip out when I pick them up and the daycare's daughter (same age as Jayden) comes to the door and steps outsdie. Jayden consistantly protests this action for the past couple weeks. "No Maya! No! No!" Grabs her shirt, pulls her hair, scratches her, pinches her, kicks, hit. You name it he tries it. For whatever reason he has become VERY territorial of his house. He does NOT want her to come over. In the past she escapes, runs to our house, opens the door and comes in. We laughed in the past. Apparently it is no joking matter to Jayden any longer. This is HIS house.   He freaks out walking past the lavendar on our front porch because he hears the bees. Thinks he's going to get stung like mommy did (3 days ago).
 The kids are hungry the moment we walk in the door. It's after 5pm. I start to make them some dinner and Maya and her older brother wander over to our front yard. Jayden's like a guard dog and immediately runs to the front screen door, locks it, and says, "No Maya! You're not coming in here." The two of them are outside, my two are inside. I observe. They start kicking and hitting the screen door I tell them to stop. Nazar, the older brother, decides he wants to catch the big moth mounted on our wall. The littles watch, now Jayden is interested and wants to go outside. Unfortunately, I tell him no, we are not going out front (I don't feel like chasing Lily nor playing referre to Jayden and Maya). Jayden opens the door, which triggers Lily to try and escape. I pull Jayden back in, Lily starts crying, Jayden starts crying. I shut both doors. Meltdown city in surround sound. Awesome! I redirect their attention the backyard. Lily is all for it, Jayden is not having it.   Meltdown and screams continue. Time out given.
 Fast forward 30 min. I smell poop. Lily's finally pooped. She's constipated. Both my children suffer from it (no matter how hard I try and control their diet). I change her, I change him. I decide it's bath time. Que the next meltdown for Jayden and the whining. "I don't want to take a bath!" Sorry buddy, you're dirty, time for a bath. I throw them both in the bath. Lily is my water baby, I have to keep her from diving in most of the time. Jayden hates baths. And when I say hate, I mean this boy would never ever take a bath if I let him. Tears undressing, refused to sit, I washed him standing, it made him mad so he starts to stomp in the bathtub. I wouldn't have mind so much except his poor little sister is sitting in the tub getting splashed in the face looking at him like the crazy 3yr old he is. I warn him. Finished washing his body and face (no hair tonight or the world would end as we know it). Told him all done and you can get out now. I wrap him in a towel he gets to the door way, throws it off in protest and runs butt naked into the living room. Fine, you're going to get cold. I go back to washing my angel Lily girl, who is having a ball now that her sissy la la of a brother is out of her way. I get her out, get her dressed.
 Jayden is naked on the couch playing with his peepee. After 15min or so he informs me that he does not want a pee. Mind you, he has been pulling on it, squeezing it, flopping it around while watching TV. I'm sitting on the other couch cracking up at my innocent 3yr old's body play. He's never naked, it's only natural. This is not an everyday occurence in our house. I ask him why he doesn't want a peepee. No answer. I say, "You have a peepee like Daddy and Lily has one like Mommy because we are girls" Perhaps that was too much because his response was, "Can I see?" I respond, "It's just like

Lily's honey." Knowing that she was just naked and in the bath was enough for his memory to connect the dots apparently. Whew. Dodged the vagina and penis comparison. Awesome.   Lily goes to bed.   My lil hellion, I mean angel left. He's now barking orders that he wants his "favorite fruit" (x20). Ummm, "strawberries?" "NO!" "orange?" "NO!" "banana?" "NO!" "apple" "NO....YES!" Ok, good   He's eating and watching a cartoon. All of a sudden I see him spit his apple out behind the couch (it's not against the wall). Excuse me! We do not spit out our food! Pick that up right now! 1....2....he picks it up and throws it in the kitchen. Jayden! Pick that up and put it in the trash we do not spit or throw our food on the floor! 1....2.....3....SPANK! Tears. Hugs. Explanation. At this point my patience is running low.   We continue to experience screams, tantrums, etc. By 7pm, I've had it, I grab him (after giving him the usual warnings) and put him to bed. I tell him it's not ok to act like this. It's not ok. He of course flips out. I give him 5min and let him try on more time to come out in the living room. He wants my work laptop, no. "I want to wait until you're done" lol. You can have daddy's computer. "I want to watch a movie" Ok which one? "ummm Ice age." Ok sure. Watching ice age. I make popcorn and he flips out because he wants the big bowl. Here we go again.   I make it to 8pm and off to bed he goes!! 8:30 he's still yelling "I. DONT. WANT. TO GO. TO. BED!!!" "ahhhhhhhh" I think he's even starting to yell the word "crap" but im not sure.

I didn't go to bed til midnight. Pure exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment