Friday, July 22, 2011

I ain't settling


Lilly and I rocked out to one of mommy's old favorites this morning on our way to work! I used to sing my heart out to this song

I ain't settlin'
For just getting by
I've had enough so-so
For the rest of my life
Tired of shooting too low
So raise the bar high
"Just enough," ain't enough this time
I ain't settlin' for anything less than everything

There always seemed to be something missing growing up. I never knew what it was...so I could never really answer the question, "what do you want?" I know there was more than one person frustrated trying to understand what it is I was looking for. To this day, I can't pinpoint what was missing that kept me searching.

All I know is that I feel fulfilled. Getting married didn't even give me the awarding feeling that I have now. I am amazed that I am married with a son and a daughter on the way. It blows me away where I am in life. I have a good job that I enjoy and have been here for 7 1/2 yrs. In today's economy I am extremely greatful to be so lucky to work for such an admirable organization that takes such wonderful care of their employees. Our pensions are FULLY funded. It's almost unheard of these days with all that is happening.

I have had a baby! Something that I have wanted for sooooooooooooooooo long. I didn't dream of my wedding like most girls. I was waiting since 13 to be old enough to have a baby of my own. Now that Jayden is here, I believe that is where my completeness comes from. Words can not describe how incredibly thankful I am for the amazing gift of bearing a child, and I've been blessed a 2nd time. With a daughter, that up until I had a boy I thought would be my dream come true. However, Jayden is amazing, and I am beyond happy to have any baby that is healthy regardless of gender. I haven't even had baby #2 yet and I'm already desiring a 3rd. LOL. I have several friends that struggle with this and my heart and prayers go out to them.
Life has never seemed so......BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment