Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just keeps getting "better and better"

Last night was crazy. Just when you think you've had enough and can't take any more....BAM. Literally. Night time always seems to be harder. The past 2 nights have been the most challenging yet, easiest at the same time. Weird how that happens. But the past week has been by far the worst.
Go figure, it was my first week off work and shit hit the fan. Letting all the work stress go, keeping up with Jayden, DJ working like crazy (like usual) yet we've been arguing, plus keeping up with household chores, my brother having jaw surgery in 3 days, my dad.....I can't even speak on that. Then you add myself. I'm 8 1/2 mo pregnant. I am on disability due to pregnancy, hypothyroidism, high blood pressure and anxiety. The pregnancy in itself is the most challenging I have dealt with internally. With it comes SO MANY symptoms. One small thing people seem to forget is emotions, hormones (which I'm already off balance with thyroid), and sensitivity.

Is it fair to treat a damn near 9mo pregnant woman as if she was "normal"? I'm not asking for special treatment. I'm just asking for you to be a little more AWARE that I AM TRYING my absolute BEST to maintain control. What grasp I can actually hold on to....

Yet the moment something bothers me, upsets me, hurts my feelings etc, I'M THE ONE who is in the wrong. I'm being ridiculous. I'm crazy. I'm.....whatever. Do you have any idea how that makes me feel???? My feelings aren't validated therefore what I'm feeling must be absolutely absurd. I can't possibly feel like this. Makes me feel incredibly stupid..

I'm having such a hard time because I DO NOT like to feel like I'm whining! I'm not a whiner. I HATE feeling like this. I hate not being able to SHAKE these feelings off. I can't do what I want. I can't do so many things and it frustrates me. I can't just relax, yet I don't have the energy to do anything. Which is NOT me. This last trimester is kicking my ass!!

I have tried to open up to and talk a little about it yet I continue to get blown off. Just reinforces everything I'm comfortable with.....suppressing it all. We all have our own problems right? No one wants to hear about others? Therefore, I'm just not going to talk about it. I'm going to try my hardest to pretend nothing is wrong and everything is fine.

So that's it. Power of positive thinking...or denial which ever deemed appropriate. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment