Friday, October 14, 2011

Zac Brown Band - Quiet Your Mind #7 (With Lyrics)


Can't sleep. Thought this song would help... eh not so much.

Now I'm hot and restless. I am sitting outside in my backyard on the cool pavement because I.....
the cold, cold pavement feels good on my skin. I don't want to stand and take another shower and I'm too hot for a bath...I think an adivan is a must right now.

I had a good night. A good time with Jayden and a good time AWAY from home. I'm almost done with this pregnancy I just need to hang on, but I am SO DONE. Slaps me with the reality of how dependent I am on substances when times get tough. No one likes to be sober, of course. Yet when you have NO choice but to remain sober it's a different reality in which you face moving forward.

I'm glad I didn't get into my drama tonight. Yes, perhaps I mentioned 1 or 2 things, but that was just the sprinkles on the sundae. Why do I default to supressing it all? Oh that's right, because no one fucking understands me or "it". It is SO frustrating to continue to explain over and over again the why's, etc. I don't need to be judged, I don't need random comments made about my family either. I just want to be heard and understood. Silly me, I walked away from the only other person who got me besides my mother (even that is limited). What the hell was I thinking?

Can't rewind and you can't fast forward. You can only grasp and form the present into what you want it to be and what you can make of it.

"Soak it all in, it's a game you can't win, enjoy the ride...."

No comments:

Post a Comment