Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Plans

Isn't it funny how people talk in the term "plans"? Oh what is your 5 yr plan? Where do you want to be in 10 yrs? I'm asked that question every year for my annual review. I could never professionally express where I wanted to be because I am content and satisfied with my job and Employer.
If it was asked personally, where do you want to be in "4 yrs" I'd still be waiting 2 more yrs to be where I am at today. I couldn't wait that long. There is no way I could have waited to start a family for 4 yrs. Not saying that it's a bad thing but I didn't want to start at 30 if I had the option. There are always multiple factors that leads you to a decision. Sometimes we don't always SEE them all until after everything is said and done.
 

"Bittersweet. When we look back on the past and see where we are today, noting the lessons that we’ve learned along the journey, one can only accurately describe it as ‘bittersweet’. So many things in life prove to be bittersweet….but we don’t tend to realize the ‘sweet’ until we can accept and embrace all the ‘bitter’ components that guide us along our way. Most times that takes a lot of time, and confusion too. I’m not ashamed of my mistakes nor the memory full of regrets that once plagued my mind. They happened. They’re all in the past…and I’m no longer there dwelling in those choices and missteps. I’ve accepted each and everyone since instance of my life that I might have once classified as ‘bitter’ because now I know that were Blessings in Disguise. I’ve embraced that each past love & (coincidential) heartbreak was a stepping stone in the grand scheme of this Little Life of Mine. I may have no idea what’s next nor where I’m truly headed, but I’m actually okay with that. Maybe not every second of every day, but I’m okay. And even more so, I’m okay if I ended up making more mistakes along my journey; however, I’m determined to live my life without any regrets."
She said it quite well. I wish I could say the EXACT same. For the most part, I do. Just have to keep at it I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment